Saturday, May 23, 2009

1 & 18

1. Visit a city on the west coast (USA)

I recently took an epic trip to San Francisco with one of my best friends Stephanie, and it was just the most amazing trip ever. From the second that we arrived in San Fran, we had the time of our lives. We met amazing people at our hostel, and experienced many things for the first time. We lived off of noodles, and had enough money for sight seeing and souvenirs, and that was pretty much it. We saw the golden gate bridge, coit tower, Alcatraz, climbed all the way up Lombard road, chinatown, a bit of the nightlife, and walked some sick ass hills. We came back with asses made of steel. Needless to say, this trip is gonna me tough to top! Amazing people, amazing times, amazing to knock off an item on my list.

2. Swim 50 consecutive laps.

I was finally able to do this in March. After the epic failure that was January, I decided to use the pool as my veritable punching bag....and hit it once a day every day at 7am. I've since slowed down...but on the last day of classes, I was not only able to hit the pool, but I swam that shit 50 times and couldnt believe it! It felt so good to actually do something that I had wanted to do for so long. It was incredibly empowering going from doing 10 laps to 20, to 30, and then staying on 40 because I wasnt sure that I could do more...and then I did it. Yay, me!

No comments:

Post a Comment