Saturday, May 23, 2009

20, 24, & 26

20. See Alcatraz in San Francisco

This one is pretty self explanatory and was covered in doing number one. I had been to SF once before with a choir but we didn't have the opportunity to get to Alcatraz, which is something that I had been meaning to do for a while. Naturally when we got to SF this time around, Stef and I were like, "there's no way we're missing Alcatraz." Amen. We took the moving audio tour, which was comprised of the voices of past prisoners and guards, and were granted stories and facts about Alcatraz. We were able to walk the rock freely and took a ton of awesome photos. Very cool time for us!


24. Drive an American highway

I drove an American highway when the girls and I hit up Seattle. We went on a shopping spree when Marta came back into town from having nearly finished her first year abroad in medical school....good times. I don't think I've ever driven that fast in my life! And in that quantity, either. So much driving. So much so that I made Marta drive home because my brain was slowly dying. All the tiredness aside, it was something that I had always wanted to do. The number of lanes in American highways are baffling, and it's something that I had always wanted to conquer!


26. Buy a skateboard

I took a trip to Metrotown to visit my brother at work, and I ended up wandering into toys'r'us, because that's how Jess rolls, and I purchased a skateboard! I looked at the good ones in the skate shops, but I wasn't sure how much I would a) love skateboarding and b) be good at it in any way shape or form. So I settled for a cheap first time board. It has a chihuahua on it. It looks really, really irate. I named it Skittles, just because I know that dog would have HATED it. Anywho, I get out on it once in a while, and I'm getting better at it, but it took a couple of embarrassing tumbles in front of home. My dog LOVES sitting on the skateboard and being pushed down the street. All her face hair parts and you just see this squinty, mini chewbaca thing flying down the street on a skateboard. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment